To use the Theater Add-on's full-screen presentation types, one must first create a full-screen page template. This is easy to do, and simply requires that a page template be created with specific settings, outlined below.
As usual, follow these steps to create a new page template:
- In Backlight's menu, go Designer => Templates.
- Under the Page Templates heading, click "Create New Template" at the bottom of the page template list.
- Give the new template a name, for example "Full-screen Page Template".
- Click "Add", and you will be taken directly into the template designer.
Once in the designer, start dialing in the settings as described below. Any option not specifically cited, please leave at its default value.
- Breakpoint: Always
- Columns: One Column
- Top Pallet => Has Height on Desktop: Off
- Top Pallet => Has Height on Mobile: Off
- Top Pallet => Quick Search => Search Button: Off
- Primary Masthead => Location: Disabled
- Pallets => Background-color: #FFFFFF
- Bottom Pallet / Copyright: Off
These settings will leave you with a simple, full-screen page template, with navigation accessible in the off-canvas pallet.
You may still have text on the page, though. If so, and if you wish to remove it, then ...
- ... if a page, go to Designer => Pages. Edit the page, empty the Page Copy text.
- ... if an album or album set, edit the album in Lightroom's Publish Services. Empty the Page Copy text, and set the Page Copy Placement option as "Replace template Page Copy".
===== Add Flavor =====
Using the basic recipe as a starting point for your full-screen template, it's possible to personalize your template in a variety of ways.
To start, we might like to reinstate the top pallet, and give it a background-color.
- Top Pallet => Background-color: #000000
- Top Pallet => Has Height on Desktop: On
- Top Pallet => Has Height on Mobile: On
For balance, we might like to bring back the copyright bar as well.
- Bottom Pallet / Copyright: On
- Background-color: #000000
- Text Color: #FFFFFF
Rather than having our navigation off-canvas, we might put it in the top pallet.
- Breakpoint: 1024px
- Horizontal Navigation => Location: Top Pallet
- Horizontal Navigation => Menu Items: #FFFFFF
And we might put our site title there as well.
- Top Pallet => Visible on Desktop: On
- Top Pallet => Visible on Mobile: On
- Top Pallet => Text Color: #FFFFFF
Of course, these are all just ideas to get you started. There's a lot more you can do! Feel free to experiment and have fun.